Bible Verses about sowing and reaping a harvest are perfect for the month of September (and lesson ideas to go with them!). Teach your kids wisdom from the Word of God.
Bible Verses about Sowing and Reaping a Harvest
Seasonal Bible verse copywork pages are so much fun for the whole family. We’ve been working through the year, and I’ve created pages that all the children in my family can use together. In September in North Carolina, the weather is still hot but people are already beginning to look forward to the leaves falling and pumpkin spice everything. It’s the time of harvesting. It’s also the time of year when schools start back up and homeschools get back into their routines – meaning discipleship and learning about sowing. Sow in the seeds of hard work, diligence, and faith, and you’ll reap the rewards.
These Bible verse copywork pages will be great for all the children in your homeschool. There are different versions of the printables for each child in your family, younger and older! It will allow everyone to discuss the verse together, and work as a family during at least one subject/activity of the day.
You can download these for free right now, in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. If you missed this temporary freebie, feel free to check them out at their current price in my store. I never charge very much for my printables – after all, I’m very frugal myself, and wouldn’t charge you more than I’d be willing to pay – all my items in my store are under $5! And when you make a purchase, you are helping me to provide for my family, so I thank you for your support! This is my full-time job. Sometimes, though, I still mark things as “free” occasionally, just for the fun of it! So, go check out my store – it may just be free still!
Included in this printable Bible verse copywork pack:
4 Bible Verses about “Reaping and Sowing”:
- 2 Corinthians 9:6
- Galatians 6:7
- Galatians 6:9
- Hosea 10:12
4 Different Levels of copywork pages:
- Preschool/Early Primary tracing pages with a shortened version of the verse
- Primary/Elementary Lined pages with an easy-to-read manuscript type to copy
- Elementary cursive pages
- Upper grades smaller lined pages with just the verse reference so the child can look the verse up and copy it directly from the Bible
To gain access to this printable pack, please check them out at The Frugal Homeschooling Mom Teachers Pay Teachers store at the link below!
(limited time/periodic freebie – follow by email to be notified of freebies like this)
They’re free for a limited time. And be sure to “follow” my TPT store – all my printables are always free when they first come out! If you follow, you won’t miss any. You can also follow this blog by email as well, by the way. Either way, you’ll never miss a freebie.
Homeschooling families (and anyone else) will enjoy these seasonal Bible verses for every month. This month’s theme is sowing and reaping (since it’s time for harvest)! These are perfect for use with multiple ages, so they’re great to use together as a whole family, one per week. I hope you enjoy them!
Teaching Kids that You Reap What You Sow
There are so many lessons and values we want to teach our children as they are growing up. One that is of utmost importance for the success of their lives, is the concept of “reaping what you sow”. The Bible is clear that the things we do, say, or think have consequences (see Gal. 6:7-9). The actions of today determine our future. What a huge truth to impress on our children! The following are some things to consider as you look for ways to guide your children in understanding that you reap what you sow.
- Scripture memorization – Of course, it is always good to have memory verses of key points we want to teach our children. This gets the words pressed in their head and hearts so that they can draw on them later in life. Some good ones for this principle of reaping what you sow are Hosea 10:12, 2 Corinthians 9:6, Galatians 6:7, 9.
- Examine seeds – Get different kinds of seeds – all different shapes, colors, sizes. Have the children sort them as you talk about how seeds grow. Talk about how different plants come from different seeds. You can’t plant a bean seed and get a tomato, for example. Show pictures of what the seeds will look like when they have grown into plants. If the time of year is appropriate, take it a step further and plant the seeds in a garden!
- Plant seeds – Sprout some seeds in a few days by having kids “sow” cress seeds on a damp paper towel. Discuss the process by which the seed grows. Because these are so fast-growing (in about a week), you will get to see the end product quickly. Buy some garden cress seeds here.
- Sort seeds – Have paper “seeds” cut out with different actions that are either helpful or hurtful. Have the kids sort the seeds according to “good” and “bad” seeds. Discuss what some of the consequences of planting those seeds could be.
- Watch – Here is a 2-minute video that addresses the concept of reaping what you sow.
- Read – Check out these books that can serve to reinforce this topic:
- Seeds by Carmen Lemniscates – With beautiful pictures, this book is about both literal and metaphorical seeds.
- If You Plant a Seed by Kadir Nelson – A simple reminder to plant kindness.
- The Garden In My Heart: A book about Sowing and Reaping by Nikki Rogers – This book encourages kids to sow good things in their hearts.
- The Berenstain Bears Reap the Harvest by Jan and Stan Berenstain – Brother and Sister Bear learn about hard work on a farm and about reaping what you sow.
Hopefully, you can see the importance of impressing this truth on your child’s heart- that the things they plant today grow in the days ahead. As parents, we encourage them to plant those seeds that will grow into beautiful fruit that will bless not only their lives but those around them. A reward comes, eventually, for all the hard work we do now. So, “let us not grow weary of doing good” (Gal. 6:9).
More Seasonal Bible Verses for Kids
- January Bible Verses- New Beginnings
- February Bible Verses – Love
- March Bible Verses – Spring
- April Bible Verses – Family
- May Bible Verses – Truth
- June Bible Verses – Nature
- July Bible Verses – Trusting in God
- August Bible Verses – Diligence
- September Bible Verses – Reaping a Harvest
- October Bible Verses – Persecution
- November Bible Verses – Gratitude
- December Bible Verses – The Birth of Christ