As a homeschool parent, I’m always on the lookout for new ideas to help teach my kids. I want to make sure that I’m giving them the education they need, all while building their character. That’s why I love attending the Teach Them Diligently convention. This convention inspires new ideas, gives me fellowship with fellow homeschooling families, and is kid-friendly. Here’s why you should attend the upcoming Teach Them Diligently convention: my quick review.
Why You Should Attend the Teach Them Diligently Convention
Teach Them Diligently holds homeschool conventions in 6 cities in 2018. You’ll not want to miss them! The links in this post are affiliate links, which means I earn a commission for sales made through these links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
At times, it can be easy to forget the reasons we homeschool. When we’re bogged down with lesson planning and record keeping, we focus on getting through the day. We forget the joy we have in homeschooling. Attending the Teach Them Diligently convention reignites our passion for homeschooling. It reminds us of all the reasons we homeschool and inspires us to look for new ideas and new curriculum. Attendees have a fresh outlook on homeschooling after attending this convention.
We homeschool for the sake of our kids, so it only makes sense that we want our kids to be able to participate in a homeschooling convention. At the Teach Them Diligently convention, your kids get the chance to attend their own conferences and events. There are so many options for kids, including educational groups that use Minecraft, Legos, and robots to get your kids excited about learning. Your kids will have just as much fun (or more) as you will, making it a convention that your whole family looks forward to each year.
It’s so nice to be around other homeschooling families that have the same passion and ideas that you do. During this convention, you are encouraged to develop relationships and share ideas with those around you. This type of fellowship can be hard to come by, making the Teach Them Diligently convention so much more valuable. You’ll get a chance to make connections and relationships with other homeschooling families that will last for years.
There Are Great Products
Not only do you get to hear great ideas for homeschooling, the Teach Them Diligently convention also gives you the chance to hear about different homeschooling products. Whether you’re on the hunt for a new curriculum or for products that will support your kids’ education, the Teach Them Diligently convention has it all. You’ll get to talk to representatives from the company and ask questions about how that product will meet your needs. You will even get the chance to see some of the products so that you can decide for yourself if it’s the right investment for your family. After this convention, you’ll have so many new approaches to your homeschooling day.
This Year’s Convention
If you’re thinking about attending this year’s convention, you have so many options. There are so many locations to choose from so you can attend the convention that’s closest to you. Here are the locations and highlights from each.
- Nashville, TN – This convention will be held March 8-10 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center. You’ll get the chance to hear from guest speakers such as Ken Ham (Answers in Genesis) and Chuck Black (Perfect Praise Publishing). There’s something for everyone in the family, including kids, teens, and parents.
- Rogers, AR – The convention in Rogers, AR will be held March 22-24 at the Embassy Suites Northwest Arkansas. Guest speakers include David and Jason Benham (Benham Brothers), as well as Hal and Melanie Young (Raising Real Men). You can register everyone in the family for this convention since there are events for all ages.
- Atlanta, GA – This convention is schedule for April 5-7 at the Cobb Galleria Centre. When you attend this convention, you’ll have the pleasure of hearing guest speakers Israel Wayne (Family Renewal) and Rachael Carman (Apologia). Don’t forget to register your kids and teens so they can attend the fun-filled youth events.
- Mobile, AL – Held on May 3-5, this convention will be located at the Mobile Convention Center. Guest speakers include Chap Bettis (The Apollos Project) and Jamie Erickson (The Unlikely Homeschool). Don’t forget to check out the different events available for all ages, including Skrafty Live and the Homeschool College Fair.
- Myrtle Beach, SC – The Myrtle Beach convention will be held May 17-19 at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. Guest speakers will include Heidi St. John (The Busy Mom) and Karen DeBeus (Simply Living for Him). There are workshops for mom and dad, as well as fun ones for the kids.
- Columbus, OH – This convention will be held at the Greater Columbus Convention Center on June 7-9. Norm Wakefield (Spirit of Elijah) and Ginger Hubbard (Real Life. Real Faith) will be among many guest speakers at this convention. You can register for a variety of workshops for everyone in the family, including the men’s breakfast, mom’s night, and the children’s program.
If you’re a homeschooling family, the Teach Them Diligently convention is a must-attend for the entire family. Everyone, from the youngest to the oldest, will enjoy all of the workshops offered at this convention, as well as the variety of speakers scheduled to lecture. Register to attend today!