Preschool curriculum is a must for any homeschooling family. Kids are expected to know so much before they even enter into kindergarten. If you’re homeschooling your young child, then you need to be prepared to teach your preschooler the necessary skills before he starts kindergarten. Not sure where to start? This preschool curriculum is a great way to ensure your child is learning what he needs to learn, all while having fun!
Preschool Curriculum to Make Learning Fun
There’s so much to know when picking out a preschool curriculum. First, you need to know what to look for so that you can ensure your child is learning everything he needs to know. You also want to make sure the curriculum is fun so that your preschooler develops a love for learning. Once you’ve found a curriculum that is fun while teaching what needs to be learned, you’re ready for a wonderful homeschool year!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information.
What to Look For in Preschool Curriculum
When trying to decide which curriculum to use for your preschooler, you need to know what to look for. It’s important that your preschool curriculum teaches everything your child needs to know before Kindergarten. These preschool skills will serve as your child’s foundation, helping them succeed in kindergarten and beyond.
- Letters – Preschoolers need to learn their letters before they go into kindergarten. This includes being able to recognize the letter and say its name, as well as beginning to know what sound each letter makes. Repetition and practice are necessary for learning letter names and sounds.
- Numbers – Numbers are also important for preschoolers to learn. Preschoolers need to know how to do two things with numbers. First, they need to recognize numbers and be able to name them. Next, they need to know how to count, at least to ten, or even going up to 20 or higher!
- Shapes & Colors – Other important math skills you should start teaching your preschooler are their shapes and colors. Preschoolers need to know how to differentiate between the different shapes, as well as describe colors.
Having Fun in Preschool
Even if the curriculum teaches all of the important skills your preschooler needs to know, it’s also important that it passes the fun test! Preschool is your child’s first exposure to school, so it’s important to make a good impression. Your preschool curriculum needs to be fun so that your child develops a love of learning. Here are a few ways you can make sure the curriculum you use for your preschooler is fun.
- Colorful – It’s important that the curriculum you use is colorful. Not only does this make it more fun to work on the activities and pages, it also helps teach your preschooler the different colors they need to learn!
- Puzzles & Mazes – Who doesn’t love a good puzzle or maze? Puzzles and mazes can be a fun way for your preschooler to learn how to identify letters and numbers. These activities can also help your preschooler develop fine motor skills, so keep an eye out for mazes, puzzles, and more in your curriculum.
- Interactive – Your preschooler learns best through hands-on activities. The more interactive the curriculum is, the easier it will be for your preschooler to learn! Make sure the curriculum keeps your child engaged and moving.
All-Inclusive Preschool Curriculum Pack
If you’re looking for a preschool curriculum that meets all of your criteria, look no further than this all-inclusive curriculum pack from The Relaxed Homeschool. This curriculum pack was made by a homeschooling mom, so it has been perfected through personal experience. It includes everything your preschooler needs to learn and more! Here are a few of the reasons I love this preschool curriculum pack.
- Daily Lessons – This curriculum is separated into 9 weeks of daily lessons. Although each daily lesson includes fun activities and puzzles, each lesson is unique so that your preschooler doesn’t get bored. It also makes it easier for you to teach since you have a timeline to follow
- Mini Units – In addition to teaching all of the necessary skills your preschooler needs, this curriculum pack also has mini units for enrichment. These mini units include learning topics such as money, opposites, weather, and more! Your preschooler will learn so much!
- ABC Poster – Learning the alphabet is one of the most important skills your preschooler can learn. This preschool curriculum comes complete with an ABC poster that you can put up around your learning space. Your child will love using this poster to learn the alphabet!
Giving your child a strong educational foundation starts before your child enters kindergarten. Your preschooler needs to know letters, numbers, shapes, colors and more. The right preschool curriculum will give your child the necessary foundation for kindergarten and on, all while letting your child have fun.