Find everything you need for a unit study this March with these St. Patrick’s Day worksheets, activities, recipes, and videos!
Table of Contents
FREE St. Patrick’s Day Worksheets and Unit Study Ideas
St. Patrick’s Day has always been a fun holiday for me as a child, because of my Irish heritage. We enjoy celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in our homeschool! Here are the best homeschool freebies (and a few frugal) finds for St. Patrick’s Day. First read about the Patron Saint of Ireland, then have some more fun! Need a printable or educational activity for the holiday? Look no further! Want to create a fun homeschool snack for St. Patrick’s Day? I’ve got you.
The Patron Saint of Ireland
Everyone knows St. Patrick’s Day as the day we dress in green and dream about leprechauns. But it is also a great day to honor the Patron Saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick. It is his day, after all! These ideas below provide everything you need to teach a lesson to your homeschoolers about the holiday. This post contains Amazon affiliate links and others. Please see my disclosure for more information.
I based this unit study on the book Patrick: Patron Saint of Ireland by Tomie dePaola. You can purchase it here, or look for it at your local library!
St. Patrick’s Day Printables
- St. Patrick’s Day Facts for Kids Handout – made by me (more information can be found at the end of this article)
- St. Patrick’s Day I Spy (Free Printables) – Gift of Curiosity
- Kid’s Printable Number Puzzle for St. Patrick’s Day – B-Inspired Mama
- St. Patrick’s Day Themed Writing Paper – 3 Dinosaurs
- St. Patrick’s Day Printable Pack – Blessed Learners
- St. Patrick’s Day Bible Verse Printables – Christian Preschool Printables
- Multiplication practice – Only Passionate Curiosity
- St. Patrick’s Day Puzzle Unit – Mama Goes Frugal
Fun St. Patrick’s Day Crafts and Activities
- Fine Motor Shamrock Craft – Pre-K Pages
- Kids Irish Flag Craft – Kids Activities Blog
- Make a Leprechaun Trap – Use items around the house to build a “trap” for a leprechaun! What kinds of things do you think would lure him in?
- Make a drum like the one St. Patrick used to chase away the snakes – Kids Activities Blog
Videos for St. Patrick’s Day
- Learn how to do an Irish Dance
Festive Snacks and Treats to Make
- St. Patrick’s Day Parfait Treat for Kids – Read the full recipe below!
- Rainbow Cookies – Crazy For Crust
- Clover Rice Krispie Treats – I Heart Naptime
- Celery Snake Snack – Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons
Lucky Charms Parfait Recipe That Kids Can Make
This is such a fun recipe for St. Patrick’s Day, I just have to share it with you. These Lucky Charms parfaits are perfect for little chefs to make on their own (or with supervision if you feel it’s needed). In our household, older children can do this on their own while little ones help! This cereal is a real treat, and often a kid’s favorite. You can use greek yogurt or regular, but we like sweetened greek. The links included are Amazon affiliate links, in which I will receive a commission if you click on them and make a purchase (please read my disclosure for more information).
- 1 cup sweetened greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mint extract, optional
- 4 drops green food dye (this one uses no artificial dyes), optional
- 1 cup Lucky Charms cereal (or if preferred, just the marshmallows!)
- In a small bowl, mix the greek yogurt with the green food coloring and mint extract.
- Layer the Lucky Charms cereal first in the serving dish, removing a few marshmallows for garnish.
- Top with the prepared yogurt.
- You can alternate layers of cereal-yogurt-cereal-yogurt if you’d like, or just stick to a single layer, as shown.
- Garnish with the set-aside marshmallows and serve immediately.
FREE! St. Patrick’s Day Word Search Puzzle
If you’ve used the book about St. Patrick (above) here is a word search puzzle using vocabulary words FROM THE BOOK! Just sign up for my email list and receive access to the download.
Every email I send includes a link to the download page, where you can download this printable, plus more as I add them!
St. Patrick’s Day Fun Facts for Kids
If your kids are interested in learning about holidays, check out my printable holiday fact sheet series I have at my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Here’s my St. Patrick’s Day one! I hope you enjoy it.
This fact sheet will answer all your child’s questions! I make these for homeschool families to be a quick and easy reference for introducing the basic facts about the various U.S. Holidays. Use them for copywork or notebooking or to introduce prior knowledge about the St. Patrick’s Day holiday before a project or lesson. Soon, they’ll all be in one huge download for you, too! Follow my store for the announcement – yes I’ll start it out as a FREEBIE, as always.
This is a work in progress. As I create them one at a time, they will be free for a limited time. My goal is to have them published a week or two before each occasion so that homeschool families can use them as a quick briefing of the holiday coming up.
Just click the image below to lead to the printable.
Now that you’ve completed this St. Patrick’s Day Unit Study with your homeschooled students, let me know what you thought in the comments below! Thanks!