This homeschool mom has hand-picked some of the best Father’s Day Books to read with your child. Sit down with Dad, Grandpa, or a father figure, and enjoy them together.
The Best Father’s Day Books to Read with Your Child
I have this thing about sentimental books, especially when they’re about being a mom or a dad. You know, the books that make you cry when you read them because they are so sweet and touch on the special bond between children and their mothers or fathers. That being said, I’ve rounded up 14 of the best Father’s Day books to read with your child!
Look no further – this is the ultimate list of Father’s Day Books! They would also make great Father’s Day gifts or baby shower gifts for a Dad-to-be. Check them out at your library or click the links to see them on Amazon (they are my affiliate links, by the way, thanks! See my disclosure here).
1. The Night Before Father’s Day by Natasha Wing
2. The Berenstain Bears: We Love Our Dad by Jan Berenstain
3. I Love My Daddy Board Book by Sebastien Braun
4. Biscuit Loves Father’s Day by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
5. My Dad Loves Me! by Marianne Richmond
6. The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish by Neil Gaiman
8. Little Critter: Just Helping My Dad by Mercer Mayer
9. Best Dad in the Sea by RH Disney
10. My Super Dad by Michael Gordon
11. Daddy is My Hero by Tabitha Sims
12. Dad School by Rebecca Van Slyke
14. Daddy’s Little Girl by Allene Van Dirschot
If these 14 Father’s Day books (for dads to read to their children) don’t make a dad feel honored to fulfill his role, I don’t know what will! I bet they will even make a father choke back the tears too. Enjoy them alongside a unit study on Father’s Day!
Father’s Day Homeschooling Resources
Father’s Day Background Information