Download these Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day free printables for use in your homeschool or classroom today!
Table of Contents
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Free Printables, AND Facts!
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a great leader of the civil rights movement in the 1950’s and 1960’s. Here are a few interesting facts about him that you can share with your kids, and then some Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day free printables listed below!
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was an advocate of nonviolent civil disobedience to draw attention to and educate the people about the need for the advancement of civil rights. Some of the most famous moments of his activism were:
- He led the Montgomery Bus Boycott in 1955.
- He led the Southern Christian Leadership Conference as the founder in 1957 and served as the SCLC’s first president.
- He helped organize the 1963 civil rights protests in Birmingham, Alabama.
- He helped organize the 1963 March on Washington, at which he delivered his famous “I Have a Dream” speech.
- He received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964 for his activism in racial inequality through peaceful protests and nonviolent resistance.
- The Selma to Montgomery Marches of 1965 were also organized with his help.
- He continued advocating for peace, racial equality, the poor, and an end to the Vietnam War until he died.
Sadly, Dr. King was assassinated on April 4, 1968. The holiday in his honor, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, began in numerous states in 1971. In 1986 it was named a U.S. Federal holiday. The date we celebrate is the third Monday in January, close to his birthday, January 15th.
These Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day free printables were curated just for you, and at the time of this post, they are all completely FREE to download. Enjoy!
- Word search from Crayons & Cravings
- Shapes graphing activity from Free4Classrooms
- Coloring book for grades 2-5 from Real Life at Home
- Vocabulary practice from Kindergarten Connection
- Writing resources from A Kinder Teacher Life
- Color by Number from An Apple for the Teacher
- Loads of nice coloring pages from Doodle Art Alley
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Printable Fact Sheet
The following is a printable holiday fact sheet for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I make these for homeschool families to be a quick and easy reference for introducing the basic facts about the various U.S. Holidays. Use them for copywork or notebooking or to introduce prior knowledge about the MLK holiday before a project or lesson.
This is a work in progress. As I create them one at a time, they will be free for a limited time. My goal is to have them published a week or two before each occasion so that homeschool families can use them as a quick briefing of the holiday coming up. If you wish, you can “follow” me on Teachers Pay Teachers so that you will not miss when I publish them.
This resource can also be used for notebooking, lapbooking, copywork, Reading comprehension, or as a basic tool for research. Eventually, after I’ve created a page for each holiday, I plan to publish them in one large download for your convenience. Watch my TPT store for that.
You can see all my printable fact sheets for holidays and seasonal events at the TPT store. My prices are very reasonable and “frugal,” I think. Most of my printables are introduced as freebies!
Just click the image below to lead to the resource.