These Crisp Rice Treats are such a treat for kids to make. They’re frugal and easy! And, the best part, they’re peanut free! Since my kiddo has an allergy to peanuts, this is now a favorite recipe in our house.
Please note: I am an “Allergy Mom,” but certainly not an expert in making a claim if something is “peanut free” or “nut free.” Please make your own decisions about the safety of this recipe for your own child.
This post contains affiliate links.
2 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons chocolate soy butter (can also substitute Nutella)
6 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup nut-free chocolate chips
5 cups Cocoa Pebbles cereal
Red candy melts (optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and stir in the chocolate spread. Mix until both are melted and well combined.
- Add marshmallows and continue stirring until they have melted completely.
- Once the marshmallows are fully melted, pour the butter/chocolate/marshmallow mixture over the cereal and mix together.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and stir them in.
- Pour the mixture into a foil-lined 8″ x 11″ or 9″ x 13″ pan and spread evenly using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Finish them off by melting 1/2 cup of red candy melts and drizzle across the top.
- Set the treats aside or chill until they set and cut into squares.